100 Calorie Snacks
Timeless Nutrition Tips...
Quick-to-make 100 calorie snacks to curb your cravings and satisfy your taste buds. Chocolate to fruits to veggies!
This 'n That 100 Calorie Snacks
- A large stalk of celery stuffed with one of the following:
- One tablespoon of chunky peanut butter.
- One tablespoon of soft light cream cheese.
- Omelet, plain with one large egg, skim milk.
- One scrambled egg, skim milk added.
- Waffle From mix, 7-inch diameter from frozen (about 1- 1/2 ounces), one square.
- Sunflower seeds, roasted, hulled, 2-tablespoons.
- Generous 1-cup serving of minestrone.
- One cup tomato soup prepared with 1-percent milk (85 calories if prepared with water).
- Vegetable soup - 1-1/8 cup with beef, chicken or turkey.
- About 2-tablespoons of water packed tuna mixed with a teaspoon of light mayonnaise and sprinkled with a dash of onion powder.
- A large dill pickle wrapped in a thin slice of boiled ham or swiss cheese, (or both)
- Five Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Drops
- Two Mrs. Fields Decadent Chocolates
- One-fifth Toblerone bar
- Two slices Terry's Chocolate Orange
- Four Andes Bars
- Three Nestle After Eight Mints
Jello 100 Calorie Snacks
Lime or watermelon Jello: Two packages to three cups water with a scoop of cottage cheese.
Strawberry, raspberry or sugar-free black cherry Jello.
Two packages to three cups water, chilled until thickened but not set and
one-third cup of whipping cream whipped into the jello until it
has a souffle consistency
Makes six servings
Orange Diet Jello: Prepare as above, but add one-half teaspoon of vanilla and one-quarter teaspoon of almond extract along with whipping cream. Chill until set. Looks and tastes a lot like cantaloupe. Add a scoop of cottage cheese if desired.
Lime diet Jello prepared the same way as the orange above, but with one-half teaspoon of lemon extract. Tastes a lot like key lime pie!
100 Calorie Chocolate Treats
- Cream of Wheat Regular or quick Mix'n Eat, plain, prepared, 1 packet.
- Frosted Mini-Wheats, 1 ounce (about 1/2 cup).
- Grape-Nuts Flakes, 1 ounce (about 3/4 cup).
- Honey Smacks, 1 ounce (about 3/4 cup).
- Total, 1 ounce (about 3/4 cup).
- Wheaties, 1 ounce (about 1 cup).
Noodles, cooked, plain, generous 1/2 cup spaghetti, cooked, plain.
- Four whole grain rye wafers, 1-7/8 X 3-1/2 inches.
- Four saltine crackers, 1- 7/8-inch square.
- One medium banana.
- Generous 1/2 cup of sweetened applesauce, or 1-cup unsweetened.
- Dried apriocot halves, cooked, unsweetened, 1/2 cup.
- 1 cup raw cherries, or 1/2 cup sweet in heavy syrup.
- 1/4 cup cranberry sauce.
- Four Dates, dried, pitted, whole.
- Scant 1-cup grapes.
- One medium pear or 1/2 cup canned pears in heavy syrup.
- 1/2 cup sliced, cooked plantains or 1 regular banana.
- 1 cup raw strawberries or 1/2 cup frozen, sweetened.
- Raw wedge of watermelon (about 1-1/2 pound piece) or 2-cups diced.
- Pineapple, canned, unsweetened, six ounces.
- Bacon, cooked, two slices.
- Chicken Roll, light meat, two ounces (two slices).
- One chicken or turkey Frankfurter.
- Two ounces boiled ham.
- Crabmeat, 3/4 cup canned or cooked.
- Two chocolate chip cookies, 2-inches in diameter.
- Two fig bars, 1-1/2 inch square each.
- Two chocolate or vanilla sandwich cookies, 1-1/2 inch in diameter.
- Five vanilla wafers, 1-3/4 inch in diameter.
- One-third cup baked custard.
- Ice milk, 1/2 cup hardened.
- One-third cup sherbet.
- 1/2 cup vanilla frozen yogurt.
- Eight pieces M and M's candies.
- One ounce of Gum Drops (about eight pieces).
- Hard Candy, one ounce (about five pieces or two lollipops).
- One ounce of Jelly Beans (ten pieces).
- One ounce marshmallows - four large.
- Lemonade or Limeade, frozen concentrate, sweetened, reconstituted, 8 fluid ounces.
100 Calorie Pita Pocket with Ham
This is an easy little sandwich to drop in your child's backpack or your bag or briefcase. This recipe makes one serving.
1/2 reduced-carb pita bread
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 ounce smoked ham
1/2 leaf romaine lettuce
2 thin slices tomato
1 thin slice red onion
Place the pita bread on a flat surface and spread with the mustard. Fill with the ham, lettuce, tomato and onion.
Nutrition information: Calories: 100; Calories from Fat: 23; Fat: 2.5g; Saturated Fat: 0.8g; Cholesterol: 14mg; Sodium: 478mg; Carbohydrates: 12.8g; Dietary Fiber: 1g; Protein: 6.1g
100 Calorie Canadian Bacon
Canadian Bacon is much leaner than regular; however, it never reaches the same crispiness when cooked. Instead, it is meant to be served when still soft and juicy. This recipe makes one serving.
3 slices Canadian bacon
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
Pinch black pepper (optional)
Place a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and when it is hot, add the bacon. Cook until browned, about 1 minute per side. Brush with the mustard and sprinkle with sugar and pepper, if desired.
Nutrition information: Calories: 99; Calories from Fat: 38; Fat: 4.2g; Saturated Fat: 1.3g; Cholesterol: 29mg; Sodium: 860mg; Carbohydrates: 2.8g; Dietary Fiber: 0.8g; Protein: 12g
100 Calorie Cheese Tortilla
Make this cheesy, warm tortilla in a pan to get the crunchiness that frying would create. Feel free to add other spices, herbs or vegetables. This recipe makes two servings.
3 tablespoons part-skim mozzarella cheese
3 to 4 fresh tomato slices
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
Place a tortilla on a cutting board. Sprinkle one half with the cheese. Top with the tomato slices and basil. Fold over and press down.
Nutrition information: Calories: 100; Calories from Fat: 32; Fat: 3.5g; Saturated Fat: 1.3g; Cholesterol: 6mg; Sodium: 134mg; Carbohydrates: 11.3g; Dietary Fiber: 1.2g; Protein: 4.8g