Home > Nutrition Tips
Timeless Nutrition Tips
Informative and interesting food tips on eating better and healthier. The articles are geared to those seeking to eat a better diet and adding variety to an existing diet. You are encouraged to give some new things a try because you never know when something new may open a whole new array of delicious foods you can eat without guilt!
Food Fitness to Nourish Your Body
Food can do more than transform your shape. Certain foods eaten regularly can do everything from helping your night vision to boosting the power of your brain and go right down to nourishment for your toes!
- Hair: Wheat is a great source of biotin and an important nutrient for healthy, shiny hair.
- Brain: Research shows that sugar fuels the brain and may boost your memory. Cookies seem to contain just the right amount!
- Eyes: Sweet potatoes. The vitamin A in these spuds can help improve night vision.
- Lungs: Tomatoes! Research shows that eating tomatoes more than three times a week may help prevent respiratory disease.
- Nails: Oysters are a great source of zinc making them good for your nails and your skin.
- Skin: Rich in vitamin A, acorn squash may help reduce the risk of the most common type of skin cancer (basal cell cancer) by 70-percent.
- Heart: The magnesium in tofu can help prevent blood clots and high blood pressure.
- Stomach: Garlic may help ward off stomach cancer, according to experts.
- Bones: The potassium and magnesium in carrots may help buttress your bones.
- Legs: Bananas are loaded with potassium and aid your muscles in moving. Potassium also prevents cramping.
- Toenails: The biotin in cashews helps strengthen nails.