The superman move will strengthen your lower-back and spinal muscles, helping you appear taller and more self-assured.
Actually the appearance of being taller isn't just appearance - your stronger lower back muscles will actually help you naturally stand taller and stronger!
Note: If you are doing an entire workout routine, The Superman exercise is best done after back-strengthening work.
How to perform The Superman Exercise:
- Lie on your stomach with your arms and legs extended.
- Raise your arms, chest, thighs and feet off the floor.
- Hold for two seconds, then lower them back down.
- Do six to eight repetitions.
Superman Pull Exercise
Targets core, back
- Lie facedown on a thick foam exercise mat with arms extended on floor in front of body.
- Slowly lift arms, legs and chest a few inches off floor and pull elbows beside torso, bringing hands next to chest.
- Straighten arms and return to starting position. That's one rep.
Make it easier: Don't lift torso as high off the floor.
Back to Exercise!