Single Hip Rotation
What the Single Hip Rotation exercise does.
The Single Hip Rotation stretches muscles of pelvis and inner thigh. Don't do this exercise if you have had a hip replacement, unless your surgeon approves.
1. Lie on your back on floor, knees bent and feet flat on the floor
2. Keep shoulders on floor throughout exercise.
3. Lower one knee slowly to side, keeping the other leg and your pelvis in place.
4. Hold position for 10 to 30 seconds.
5. Bring knee back up slowly.
6. Repeat with other knee.
7. Repeat 3 to 5 times on each side.
Always warm up the body prior to stretching, as this increases blood flow around the body, which in turn makes the muscles more supple. After exercise, slowly bring your heart rate down before you begin stretching in order to avoid blood pooling within your muscles, which can lead to cramp and dizzy spells.
Back to Exercise!