Seated Quad Strengthener
Use ankle weights with the Seated Quad Strengthener really works the quads - all while sitting down!
How to perform The Seated Quad Strengthener Exercise:
- Strap ankle weights on both ankles. Use 10 pound adjustable weights and start with one pound and work up to ten pounds as you build muscle strength.
- Sit all the way back in a chair without slouching, your legs separated slightly so that your knees and feet are hip-width apart. Your thighs and lower legs should form a 90-degree angle. Place your hands on your thighs or on the sides of the chair.
- Exhale as you lift your right leg in a slow, controlled movement (to the count of two). Lift until your knee is straight (but not locked). Hold your leg in the lifted position for the count of one.
- Inhale as you slowly lower your right leg (to the count of four), until your foot rests on the floor, back in the starting position. Pause for breath.
- Repeat with your left leg. That completes one repetition (rep).
- Perform 8 reps, rest for 1 to 2 minutes, then perform a second set of 8 reps.
Back to Exercise!