Mini Trampoline Rebounding
Timeless Fitness Tips...
The key advantage to practicing tai chi is the slow and fluid movements, which will not cause undue stress to the body. Tai chi also requires a form of meditation, which cultivates the ability to focus and remain calm in all situations, while acute awareness of your surroundings is maintained. Although the movements are slow and fluid, they are no less precise and produce desired results effectively.
The bouncing action forces the millions of one-way valves in your lymphatic system to open expansively. This is good for detoxing your body. According to Morton Walker, podiatrist and author of the book Jumping for Health, this action increases the lymph flow up to fourteen times greater than it would otherwise flow!
So, not only is rebounding on a mini-trampoline great exercise, it actually has a benefit to detoxification!
When you first begin with a re-bounding mini trampoline, it may feel a bit clumsy or unusual, causing you to panic slightly. There are balance and co-ordination requirements and it can take a bit of getting used to, but it's similar to riding a bike - a little practice and you'll get the hang of it in no time. Just take it slowly when you're beginning. Keep your feet low on the mat at all times until you feel comfortable stepping things up a notch or two.
Some people prefer to use thier mini trampolines without shoes. This is a matter of personal preference. It is said that not wearing shoes has a subtle massaging effect on your feet, so perhaps you'll want to give it a try and see how it feels for you. What is most important here is your foot control and balance. If you feel more secure with exercise shoes on, by all means, wear them!
Mini Trampoline Safety
- Before you begin your mini trampoline rebounder workout, check that the legs on your mini trampoline are tight and secure.
- Make sure your mini trampoline is on a completely flat surface.
- Keep the surrounding floor around the mini trampoline clear of toys and other objects.
- Wear comfortable clothing for your mini trampoline workouts and preferably keep your feet bare.
- Keep and eye out for tears or frayed areas on your mat, or if springs are broken or missing.
- Children can get pretty wild exercising on mini trampolines; therefore, they need to be well supervised.
Back to Exercise!