Double Hip Rotation
What the double hip rotation exercise does.
The double hip rotation stretches outer muscles of hips and thighs.
Don't do the double hip rotation exercise if you have had a hip replacement, unless your surgeon approves.
1. Lie on floor on your back, knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
2. Keep shoulders on floor at all times.
3. Keeping knees bent and together, gently lower legs to one side as far as possible without forcing them.
4. Hold position for 10 to 30 seconds.
5. Return legs to upright position.
6. Repeat toward other side.
7. Repeat 3 to 5 times on each side.
Before any stretching routine, begin with gradual mobility exercises of all the joints, i.e. simply rotate the wrists, bend the arm and roll your shoulders. This will allow your body's natural lubrication (synovial fluid) to protect the surface of your bones at these joints.
Back to Exercise!