Ankle Stretch exercise geared toward senior citizen's flexibility exercise routine.
What the Ankle Stretcy exercise does.
Stretches front ankle muscles.
How this exercise helps you.
Elastic, flexible ankle muscles can give your body a built-in defense against sprains and strains.
1. Remove your shoes. Sit toward the front edge of a chair and lean back, using pillows to support your back.
2. Stretch legs out in front of you.
3. With your heels still on the floor, bend ankles to point feet toward you.
4. Bend ankles to point feet away from you.
5. If you don't feel the stretch, repeat with your feet slightly off the floor.
6. Hold the position for 1 second.
7. Repeat 3 to 5 times
Everyone can learn to stretch, regardless of age or flexibility. Stretching should be a part of your daily routine, whether you exercise or not. There are simple stretches you can do while watching TV, on the computer, or getting ready for bed. If you are doing strength training exercises, stretch in between sets. It feels good and saves time from stretching at the end of the workout!
Back to Exercise!