Vegetarian Foods Rich in Vitamin C
Vegetarian foods i.e., vegetables such as cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, spinach, kale and green peppers are rich sources of vitamin C.Â The problem is, much of the vitamin is lost during storage, preparation and cooking. Vitamin C is an important nutrient for all of us, but vegetarians tend to get less in their diet.
Having said that, here a list of vegetarian foods that provide the best amounts of vitamin C. It doesn’t matter how you utilize them in your cooking.
Top Vegetarian Foods Rich in Vitamin C:
- Red bell peppers -Â Full of vitamins C and A, folate
- Sauerkraut – Good source of vitamin C
- Broccoli -Â Superhero of the vegetable kingdom
- Kale – Rich in minerals and vitamins
- Parsley -Â Excellent source of vitamin C, iodine, iron, more
- Brussels sprouts -Â May be better than full-grown broccoli
- Fennel – Lots of vitamin C.Â Can be substituted for celery in all recipes or in salads .
- Kiwifruit -Â Vitamins A, C, E and folate
Freebie for Vegetarians!
Download a free Tip Sheet for Vegetarians.
Mushroom Matters. Mushrooms contain essential minerals and B Complex Vitamins not found easily in produce. Vegetarians should be aware that mushrooms are one of the best plant-based vegetarian foods forÂ niacin.
You may also like…
- Tips for Vegetarian TeensÂ -Â Like any diet, vegetarian diets have the potential to be very dangerous, especially during the teen years.
- Vegetarian Food Pyramid
- Vegetarian Diet VariationsÂ -Â When you hear the word vegetarian, you automatically assume it’s a diet that omits animal products. However, there are several variations of the vegetarian diet.
- Vegetarian? Get the Most out of Rice!Â -Â Learn how to get the most out of rice to enhance your meals.
- Last but certainly not least, our Vegetarian Recipes!