How to Enjoy Your Favorite Desserts Guilt Free
Enjoy your favorite desserts guilt free with the following tips. Whether your favorite dessert is a creamy cheesecake, frosting-filled layer cakes, or old-fashioned apple pie, use the tips below to help you enjoy it in guilt-free fashion.
- Check out portion sizes. Before you dig in, read the food package label for suggested serving size. If you cut a double-sized slice of cake for yourself, you’re doing double the damage in terms of calories and fat.
- Try a smaller serving. Granted, many of these portions aren’t gigantic to begin with. But most can be pared down a bit to save some additional calories and fat.
- Take your time. Indulgences like these deserve your time and attention. Don’t gulp your piece of cake or pie in a rush. Enjoy it slowly, savoring each bite. It will last longer, plus you’ll be able to fully taste and appreciate each morsel.
- Make room for dessert. Try to fit in an extra walk or exercise class a few times a week. On down days, when there are no holiday parties on the agenda, follow your best healthy eating routines. This combination can help you fit in a few desserts over the course of the holiday season without weight gain.
Supermarket Suggestions to Help You Enjoy Your Favorite Desserts Guilt Free
- Cake. One-eighth of Trader Joe’s Opera Cake is 160 calories whereas one-eight of Entenmann’s Chocolate Chip Iced Cake is 330 calories.
- Cheesecake. Trader Joe’s New York Deli Style Baked cheesecake – one-seventh of the cake – is 400 calories! Consider buying Sara Lee’s Original Cream Cheesecake instead. The strawberry contains 310 calories per one-fourth of the cake. The original version contains 320 calories per one-fourth cake. Learn more about Trader Joes Foods.
- Pie. Edward’s Banana Cream Pie contains 480 whopping calories per one-sixth of the pie. Take Edward’s Boston Cream Pie instead, and have one-tenth of the pie for only 210 calories.
Our Top 3 Picks: Weight Watcher’s Single Serving Desserts
- Weight Watcher’s Smart Ones Chocolate Eclair: 140 calories, 4g fat.
- Weight Watcher’s Smart Ones Double Fudge Cake: 170 calories, 4g fat.
- Weight Watcher’s Smart Ones Peanut Butter Cup Sundae: 170 calories, 5g fat.
Speaking of Desserts
You may also be interested in our Homemade Shake Recipes ebook for Diabetics – sweet, cool frozen treats and desserts geared toward a diabetic diet!