Red Ripe Raspberries
The well known and much-enjoyed raspberry contains folic acid, which is needed for energy production, iron salts, copper salts, vitamins A and C. Folic acid also helps to strengthen your body’s immune system, and reduce and support normal mood. Get these important nutrients in a most enjoyable state – our Raspberry Energy Bars!
Raspberry Energy Bars Recipe
Kids and adults both love these raspberry energy bars for a healthy snack. Add a glass of cold milk for an afternoon pick-me-up.
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon allspice
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup vegetable oil
For The Filling
1 cup Seedless Red Raspberry Jam
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- To prepare filling, combine jam, lemon juice, and lemon peel. Mix well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and allspice. Mix well.
- Add melted margarine and oil, tossing with a fork until coarse crumbs form. Set aside 1 cup of crumb mixture. Using the back of a spoon, firmly press remaining crumb mixture into prepared pan.
- Spread filling over crumb mixture in pan. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake until topping is golden, about 25 minutes. Place on a wire rack and cool completely.
- Slice into 32 bars.