Naturally Colored Boiled Eggs
There are two ways of achieving naturally colored boiled eggs. Boil them first, then cold-soak them in dyes. Or, boil them with the dye.
Here are some suggestions on ways you can boil your eggs using all natural foods. Try some – it’s fun!
- Boil eggs for 30 minutes or more with lots of onion skins; they’ll turn a pale orange to light red.
- Boil eggs with spinach leaves for pale green coloring.
- Soak hard-boiled eggs in grape juice; they’ll turn lavender.
- Boil eggs in tea for pale brown, in coffee for darker brown.
- Boil eggs with beets or cranberries for lovely pinks and reds.
- For a golden color, dissolve the spice turmeric into water and soak eggs.
- To create patterns on boiled eggs, draw on the shells with wax crayons or wrap them in rubber bands before dyeing.