Holiday Poppers Project
Enjoy creating with the holiday poppers project during the holidays. Use colors appropriate to any holiday. These are fun to do for kids of all ages and make a great Christmas treat on the fly.
Valentine’s poppers can be made in pretty red, pink and white and Easter, of course, in pretty pastels. For Halloween you could create unique sweet treats using orange and black tissue paper and Halloween candies! Makes 8 poppers.
For your holiday poppers you will need:
- 2 (16 x 27-inch) sheets red tissue paper
- 2 (16 x 27-inch) sheets green tissue paper
- Red curling ribbon
- Green curling ribbon
- Gold curling ribbon
- 8 (5-inch) paper tubes (either cut a paper towel tube in half or use a toilet tissue tube)
Selection of individual wrapped miniature candies in holiday colors/dÃ©cor such as Dove chocolates, Snickers, Milky Way, Twix, etc.
- Cut the tissue paper in half lengthwise. Cut 8 strands of each color of ribbon 15-inches long.
- Fill the tubes with a selection of candies.
- Lay one sheet of tissue paper flat on a surface. Place the tube at one edge and roll the paper tightly around the tube. Tie the ribbon tightly at both ends of the tube.
- Once all the tubes are wrapped and tied, arrange in an attractive presentation, such as the one pictured below.
Extra: Christmas Place Cards
This season, why not make special place cards for Christmas dinner?
Get some thick construction paper, then let everybody pick their own color. Each sheet of paper can make four cards. Fold the paper into fourths and cut along the folds.
Fold each rectangle either way you like to make a tent. Write each person’s name on one face in pencil, then trace the name with glue and sprinkle the glue with colored sparkles.
To add a holiday shape, draw a pine tree or wreath on the back side using the fold as your base line. Cut out the shape with a knife, except along the fold.
To make sure the shape sits upright, tape a toothpick to the back across the fold. Decorate with glue and sparkles.
Extra idea: Paste on that person’s favorite movie star or athlete or hero.
You may want to save these place cards to use next Christmas, too.