Confetti Grain Salad Recipe
Confetti grain salad is a very healthful and satisfying salad with brown rice, tangy lemon juice, green onions, parsley and your favorite vegetables.
Brown rice will only last about six months before it gets stale. When it get stale, it is very difficult to get it tender. You can cook brown rice the same as white rice, just increase the recipe listed above by 1/2 cup liquid.
1-1/2 cups brown rice, uncooked
3 cups water
Juice of 2 lemons
3 green onions (also called scallions)
1/4 cup minced parsley
1/2 teaspoon salt
Black pepper to taste
1/4 cup olive oil, or other vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups of your favorite vegetables cut into small pieces
- Wash rice and put into a 2-quart pot with water. Bring to boil, then lower heat to simmer, and cook uncovered until all the water is absorbed. (approximately 45 minutes).
- Pour into medium sized bowl and allow to cool.
- Pour lemon juice over rice and stir. When rice is cooled to lukewarm, add vegetables, salt, pepper, and oil.
- Stir and chill at least 1 hour. This dish also can be served warm.
Serving Size: Serving Size: 3/4 cup
Recipe yields 6 servings.
- Calories 300
- Total fat 11 grams
- Saturated fat 1.5 grams
- Trans fat 0 grams
- Cholesterol 0 milligrams
- Sodium 230 milligrams
- Total Carbohydrate 47 grams
- Dietary Fiber 4 grams
- Sugars 3 grams
- Protein: 6 grams