Mini Cream Puffs Recipe: A Great Appetizer for the Holidays
This mini cream puffs recipe I’m sharing with you today was (again) from a collection of very old recipes. Sources varied from pamphlets to books of all kinds, to recipes clipped from newspapers. These were made at Christmas time as appetizers and everyone just loved them!
I’ve adapted the mini cream puffs recipe to “modernize” it.
Below the recipe I’ll add a scanned copy of the original mini cream puffs recipe. 🙂
Mini Cream Puffs Recipe
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup grated cheese
- Put water and butter in a small saucepan over high heat. When it boils, quickly stir in flour.
- Remove from the heat, add grated cheese and unbeaten eggs, one at a time.
- Beat thoroughly and drop by teaspoonfuls into small (mini) muffin cup pans.
- Bake at moderate heat (350 degrees) for approximately 20 minutes.
- Fill puffs with whipped cream that has been seasoned with salt, paprika and grated cheese.
- Serve with tea or salad.
As promised, here’s a scan of the original recipe:
(Click the pic for a larger view)
Here’s to hopes you will find these as enjoyable for many years to come!
See also: Chocolate Cream Puffs