You’re Eating Pizza Again?
Uh oh. In some ways I can relate to this! 😉 With the many, MANY ways to eat and create pizza, who doesn’t enjoy it? Over and over? I know I can have pizza again and again!
There are SO many things to do with pizza. Fruit pizza. Vegetable Pizza. No crust pizza. BLT pizza. Cookie pizza. Dessert pizza. When my nieces were little I made them King Kong pizza’s for their birthdays. After they got a bit older they would ask right away, Pizza again? They loved them and it was so much fun.
I wonder if the inventor(s) of the original pizza could have ever imagined all that we do in the name of pizza these days? Or how far we would take this food creation! The possibilities truly are endless.
Did you know?
- The original Italian pizza was made with green peppers and mozzarella cheese.
- The original Greek pizza was simply crust and vegetables — no cheese!
- Close to 40 per cent of all pizzas sold are pepperoni pizzas.
- In India tandoori chicken and chili paneer are favorites.
- While Americans prefer meat toppings, a popular pizza topping in Japan is squid and tofu.
Quick Pizza Notes
- Pizza Pie Day is February 9th
- October is National Pizza Festival Month