Proper Powerful Breathing – Calm the Body and Mind
Proper powerful breathing methods will to calm the body and mind and induce a heightened sense of awareness. Breathing exercises have been practiced for thousands of years in the East. The West began studying the effectiveness and importance of them several years ago. Currently, sufficient research has taken place to confirm the usefulness of these techniques.
When you breathe shallowly, you are not getting enough oxygen. You can end up with lower levels of oxygen and higher levels of carbon dioxide in your blood. This can be taxing on your body and cause undue fatigue.
When your lungs do not fully expand and you do not get as much oxygen in your blood, your heart rate and blood pressure can go up.
How to Do Proper Powerful Breathing
Practice breathing from your diaphragm when you are tired or about to go into an energy-draining situation. Try this:
- Place your hand over your belly button and inhale. Your abdomen and chest should rise an inch. As you exhale, they should fall an inch. You should feel this rise and fall with your hand.
The following proper powerful breathing methods can be helpful for reducing anger, anxiety, depression, fatigue, irritability, muscular tension and stress.
Deep Relaxed Breathing
The purpose of this technique is to develop a good, relaxing breathing method. It may be practiced anytime. It is especially during stressful situations.
- Lie down on a blanket or rug on the floor. Bend your knees and move your feet about eight inches apart, with your toes turned outward slightly. Make sure your spine is straight.
- Place one hand on your abdomen and one hand on your chest.
- Inhale slowly and deeply through your nose into your abdomen to push up your hand as much as feels comfortable. Your chest should move only a little and only with your abdomen.
- Continue step three until it becomes rhythmic and comfortable. Now smile slightly, inhale through your nose and exhale through your mouth, making a quiet, breezy sound as you gently blow out. Your mouth, tongue and jaw will be relaxed. Take long, slow, deep breaths raising and lowering your abdomen. Hear the sound and feel the texture of breathing as you become more and more relaxed.
- When you first begin this technique or proper powerful breathing, do it for five minutes. When you become more comfortable with it, you may extend it up to 20 minutes. It similar to a meditation type exercise.
- Upon ending a session, stay still for a few minutes and try to keep the entire body relaxed.
Proper Power Breathing: The Relaxation Sigh
A sigh releases a bit of tension and can be practiced at will as a means of relaxing.
- Sit up straight.
- Sigh deeply, letting out a sound of deep relief as the air rushes out of your lungs.
- Let new air come in naturally.
- Repeat this procedure eight to twelve times whenever you feel the need for it. Experience the feeling of relaxation.
The Clenched Fist Proper Powerful Breathing Technique
This proper powerful breathing technique will stimulate your breathing, circulation and nervous system.
- Stand up straight, hands at your sides.
- Inhale and hold a complete natural breath as described above.
- Raise your arms out in front of you, keeping them up and relaxed.
- Gradually bring your hands to your shoulders. As you do, slowly contract your hands into fists so that when they reach your shoulders they are clenched as tight as possible.
- Keep the fists tense as you push your arms out straight again very slowly.
- Pull your arms back to your shoulders and straighten them out, fists tense, as fast as you can, several times.
DISCOVER THE AMAZING POWER OF BREATHING!
Breathing can do SO much more for your health!
Get the true power of breathing in minutes – just follow this link...
You may also find of interest Breathing for Fitness.