Nutrition for Detoxification
We’re all exposed to toxins every day and in everything we do. There are ways we can assist our body in fighting off these nasties with nutrition for detoxification. Toxins wear down our vitality and in most extreme cases, destroy our health.
Following are two lists. One is for the best food sources to eat to help your body remove and eliminate toxins we are exposed to daily. The second is a list of the best food sources of minerals for the same purposes. Together, these tips will help you with good nutrition for detoxification.
Pick some of your more liked foods listed and try to incorporate them into your daily diet. This will help you detoxify your body naturally!
Food Sources of Nutrition for Detoxification
- Beta carotene. Carrots, beets, leafy greens, melon, squash yams
- Folic Acid. Mushrooms, nuts, whole grains, broccoli, asparagus, beans, lettuce, spinach, beet greens, sweet potatoes, leafy greens
- Niacin. Avocados, dates, asparagus, green vegetables, whole grains, brown rice, sunflower seeds
- Pantothenic Acid. Green vegetables, beans, kale, cauliflower, peas, sweet potatoes, whole grains, brown rice
- Riboflavin. Whole grains, almonds, sunflower seeds, currants, asparagus, broccoli, leafy greens
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine). Brown rice, nuts, seeds, nut butters, oats, asparagus, beets, leafy greens, plums, raisins
- Vitamin B12. Kelp, bananas, peanuts, Concord grapes, sprouts
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine). Bananas, avocados, whole grains, cantaloupe, walnuts, soybeans, peanuts, pecans, leafy greens, green peppers, carrots
- Vitamin C. Citrus fruits, apples, strawberries, beet greens, spinach, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, kale, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, peppers, papaya, Swiss chard, squash
- Vitamin E. Whole grains, Brussels sprouts, leafy greens, spinach, cold-pressed vegetable oils, soybeans, brown rice
Some of the Best Food Sources of Minerals for Detoxification
- Calcium: Leafy greens, tofu, soy beans, soy milk, almonds, carob, sesame seeds, tahini, navy beans, walnuts, millet, kelp, carrot juice, oats, and broccoli.
- Copper: Almonds, peanuts, dried peas and beans, avocados, plums, cherries, citrus fruits, raisins, whole grains, oats, leafy greens.
- Germanium: Garlic, shiitake mushrooms, onions, whole grains.
- Iron: Apricots, peaches, bananas, raisins, whole rye, walnuts, kelp, dry beans, leafy greens, asparagus, potatoes.
- Magnesium: Apples, lemons, peaches, kale, endive, chard, celery, alfalfa sprouts, beet greens, whole grains, brown rice, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, almonds, honey.
- Manganese: Nuts, whole grains, spinach, beets, beet greens, Brussels sprouts, peas, kelp, tea, apricots, blueberries, bananas, citrus fruits.
- Molybdenum: Brown rice, millet, buckwheat, legumes, leafy greens, whole grains.
- Selenium: Brown rice, soybeans, Brazil nuts, kelp, garlic, mushrooms, pineapple, onions, tomatoes, broccoli
- Sulfur: Radish, turnip, onions, celery, horseradish, kale, soybeans, cucumber.
- Zinc: Sprouted seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, onions, nuts, leafy greens, peas, beets, beet greens.