Kamut Raisin Muffins
Wheat Free Recipe
Kamut flour with unbuffered vitamin C crystals, oil, apple juice concentrate and plump sweet raisins.
2-1/2 cups kamut flour
1-1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon unbuffered vitamin C crystals
1/3 cup oil
1-1/4 cup apple juice concentrate, thawed
1/2 cup raisins, or to taste
Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
Oil a 12-cup muffin pan, or line pan with paper muffin cups. In a large bowl combine the flour, baking soda and vitamin C crystals.
Mix oil and juice concentrate and stir into the dry ingredients until just mixed. Fold in raisins.
Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and bake Kamut-Raisin Muffins 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Use carob or chocolate chips in place of raisins.
- Fill cups 1/3 full, drop a teaspoon jam or jelly into the center and cover with additional batter to fill cups 2/3 full.
Yield: 12 muffins
You may also like...
- Wheat Free Granny Smith Buckwheat Muffins
- Wheat Free Delectable Date Muffins
- Wheat Free Orange-Oatmeal Muffins
- Wheat Free Fruity Amaranth Muffins
Wheat Free Tip
Wheat free muesli: Buy or make your own mix of rolled oats, rolled triticale, puffed amaranth, rolled quinoa, chopped nuts (esp almonds and brazil nuts), sunflower seeds, pepitas, chopped dried figs, sultanas, dried apricots, pears and apple, shredded coconut and milk or yogurt.