Missed Medication Doses
Not filling or taking your medicine as prescribed by your doctor can be dangerous to your health, especially if you take medications for diabetes, high blood pressure, or high cholesterol.
It's not always easy to remember to take your medicine, but being organized can help - a lot.
Following are some tips we hope will help you out.
- Fill 90-day supplies of your medications through a mail order or retail pharmacy so you don't have to go to the pharmacy as often.
- Create a chart of all the medications you take, as well as when and how to take them.
- Use a pillbox to organize your medications.
- Keep track of how many pills you have left and mark your calendar to refill your medication before you run out.
- Take you medicine at the same time each day. For example, after your brush your teeth or before you eat a certain meal.
- Set up reminders for taking your meication such as an alarm clock or family member.
- Keep your medications somewhere you can easily find them, such as your nightstand
- Use tools available online, if possible, to schedule reminders and place orders when necessary.
Get help remembering doses.
OptumRx.com has created a program for smartphones with Internet access called "My Medication Reminders" to help make sure you don't miss a dose.
After you sign up, the program will send text messages to your phone to remind you to take your medicine. With "My Medication Reminders", you give your phone information, such as mobile phone number, mobile phone company name and time zone. Then you can choose any of these reminders that you want sent to your phone:
- Prescription transfer
- Order shipped
- General daily medication reminders
- Prescription specific dosage reminders.
Free Daily Medication Schedule
You may also find of interest...
- Do's and Don'ts of Medication Use
- Medicines: The Good and the Bad
- Driving While on Medication
- Medical ID Jewelry: Vital for Seniors
Disclaimer: The material on this Web site is not intended to replace advice from your doctor or fitness professional. Please consult with your physician before beginning any fitness program or fat or weight reduction program. FitnessandFreebies.com takes no responsibility for individual results, or any claim made by a third party.