Wrist Stretch Exercise
Exercise for Seniors
What this exercise does.
Stretches wrist muscles.
How this exercise helps you.
Our wrists are often neglected and taken for granted. They do so many things for us! Good wrist strength will help you perform many daily activities, including playing sports - such as a golf swing - or playing instruments, cooking, and cleaning. Strong wrists can also help you avoid injuries.
Note: This exercise is good for anyone, of any age.
1. Place hands together, in praying position.
2. Slowly raise elbows so arms are parallel to floor, keeping hands flat against each other.
3. Hold position for 10 to 30 seconds.
4. Repeat 3 to 5 times.
Here are just a few of the benefits you can expect from a regular stretching program:
- Reduced muscle tension
- Increased range of movement in the joints
- Enhanced muscular coordination
- Increased circulation of the blood to various parts of the body
- Increased energy levels (resulting from increased circulation)
You may also find of interest...
- Wrist Curl Exercise - The wrists are an easily forgotten area - give them a couple moments with this exercise. (Essential Exercises)
- Down To Earth Gardening
Disclaimer: The material on this Web site is not intended to replace advice from your doctor or fitness professional. Please consult with your physician before beginning any fitness program or fat or weight reduction program. FitnessandFreebies.com takes no responsibility for individual results, or any claim made by a third party.