Tricep Stretch Exercise
Exercise for Seniors
What this exercise does.
Stretches muscles in back of upper arm.
1. Hold one end of a towel in right hand.
2. Raise and bend right arm to drape towel down back. Keep your right arm in this position, and continue holding onto the towel.
3. Reach behind your lower back and grasp bottom end of towel with left hand.
4. Climb left hand progressively higher up towel, which also pulls your right arm down. Continue until your hands touch, or as close to that as you can comfortably go.
5. Reverse positions.
6. Repeat each position 3 to 5 times.
Variation: Overhead Triceps Stretch
Bend your right elbow and use your left arm to bring it up behind your head. You should feel a gentle stretch on the outside of your upper right arm. Hold for 10 to 20 seconds. Repeat with the left elbow behind your head. Rest. Repeat.
One of the greatest benefits of stretching is that you are able to increase your range of motion, which means your limbs and joints can move further before an injury occurs. Post exercise stretching can also aid in workout recovery, decrease muscle soreness, and ensure that your muscles and tendons are in good working order.
You may also find of interest...
- Triceps Extension - Strengthens muscles in back of upper arm.
- Tricep Dip Exercise - Strengthens muscles in back of upper arm.
Disclaimer: The material on this Web site is not intended to replace advice from your doctor or fitness professional. Please consult with your physician before beginning any fitness program or fat or weight reduction program. FitnessandFreebies.com takes no responsibility for individual results, or any claim made by a third party.