Triceps Extension Exercise
Exercise for Seniors
What this exercise does.
Strengthens muscles in back of upper arm. Keep supporting your arm with your hand throughout the exercise. If your shoulders aren't flexible enough to do this exercise, see alternative "Dip" exercise.)
1. Sit in chair with your back supported by back of chair.
2. Keep feet flat on floor even with shoulders.
3. Hold a weight in one hand. Raise that arm straight toward ceiling, palm facing in.
4. Support this arm, below elbow, with other hand.
5. Slowly bend raised arm at elbow, bringing hand weight toward same shoulder.
6. Slowly straighten arm toward ceiling.
7. Hold position for 1 second.
8. Slowly bend arm toward shoulder again. Pause.
9. Repeat the bending and straightening until you have done the exercise 8 to 15 times.
10. Repeat 8 to 15 times with your other arm.
11. Rest; then do another set of 8 to 15 alternating repetitions.
You may also find of interest...
- Tricep Stretch - Stretches muscles in the back of the upper arm.
- Tricep Dip Exercise - Strengthens muscles in back of upper arm.
- Progressing in Strength
Disclaimer: The material on this Web site is not intended to replace advice from your doctor or fitness professional. Please consult with your physician before beginning any fitness program or fat or weight reduction program. FitnessandFreebies.com takes no responsibility for individual results, or any claim made by a third party.