Knee Flexion Exercise
Exercise for Seniors
What this exercise does.
Helps build endurance in the knee area.
1. Stand straight holding onto a table or chair for balance.
2. Slowly bend knee as far as possible. Don't move your upper leg at all; bend your knee only.
3. Hold position for 1 second.
4. Slowly lower foot all the way back down. Pause.
5. Repeat with other leg.
6. Alternate legs until you have done 8 to 15 repetitions with each leg.
7. Rest; then do another set of 8 to 15 alternating repetitions.
Extra Exercise Tip
People overall are experiencing knee pain, most commonly caused by arthritis, in people as young as their 30's when at one time, this was associated mainly in the elderly. Weight bearing movement, which means repeated pounding on the knee with forces up to four to five times your body weight, is the most common reason for knee stress and pain. Over the years, this takes its toll in wear and tear on the knees. Exercise is vital - and in today's society necessary - to those who wish to avoid health problems such as diabetes, heart conditions and low blood pressure to name just a few. Therefore, it is imperative to learn how to avoid injury to your knees while still getting necessary exercise in your life. We also offer a Knee Pain Treatment Manual.
You may also find of interest...
- Knee Extension - Strengthens muscles in front of thigh and shin.
- Double Hip Rotation Stretch - Stretches muscles in front of thighs.
Disclaimer: The material on this Web site is not intended to replace advice from your doctor or fitness professional. Please consult with your physician before beginning any fitness program or fat or weight reduction program. FitnessandFreebies.com takes no responsibility for individual results, or any claim made by a third party.