Double Hip Rotation Stretching Exercise
Exercise for Seniors
What this exercise does.
Stretches outer muscles of hips and thighs.
Don't do this exercise if you have had a hip replacement, unless your surgeon approves.
1. Lie on floor on your back, knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
2. Keep shoulders on floor at all times.
3. Keeping knees bent and together, gently lower legs to one side as far as possible without forcing them.
4. Hold position for 10 to 30 seconds.
5. Return legs to upright position.
6. Repeat toward other side.
7. Repeat 3 to 5 times on each side.
Before any stretching routine, begin with gradual mobility exercises of all the joints, i.e. simply rotate the wrists, bend the arm and roll your shoulders. This will allow your body's natural lubrication (synovial fluid) to protect the surface of your bones at these joints.
You may also find of interest...
- Single Hip Rotation Stretch - Stretches muscles of pelvis and inner thigh.
- Hip Extension - Strengthens buttock and lower back muscles.
- < Hip Flexion - Strengthens thigh and hip muscles.
Disclaimer: The material on this Web site is not intended to replace advice from your doctor or fitness professional. Please consult with your physician before beginning any fitness program or fat or weight reduction program. FitnessandFreebies.com takes no responsibility for individual results, or any claim made by a third party.