Biceps Curl Exercise
Exercise for Seniors
What this exercise does.
Strengthens the front of the upper arm muscles.
How this exercise helps you.
Good strength in your biceps helps you with a multitude of every day tasks, your chores, lifting things, etc. Plus, they look good!
1. Sit in armless chair with your back supported by back of chair.
2. Keep feet flat on floor even with your shoulders.
3. Hold hand weights straight down at your sides, with palms facing inward.
4. Slowly bend one elbow, lifting weight toward chest. (Rotate palm to face shoulder while lifting weight.)
5. Hold position for 1 second.
6. Slowly lower arm to starting position. Pause.
7. Repeat with other arm.
8. Alternate arms until you have done 8 to 15 repetitions with each arm.
9. Rest; then do another set of 8 to 15 alternating repetitions.
No Go Ginkgo?
Researchers tested ginkgo in more than 3,000 people ages 75 and older who had normal thinking ability at the start. They had the participants take ginkgo or a fake substitute. to see if it could help prevent dementia, including Alzheimer's disease. Steven DeKosky of the University of Virginia did the work and said the results were disappointing: "The test results showed us that, under these circumstances, ginkgo don't appear to have any effect of slowing down thinking changes in late life." The study in the Journal of the American Medical Association was supported by the National Institutes of Health.
You may also find of interest...
- Triceps Extension - Strengthens muscles in back of upper arm.
- Tricep Dip Exercise - Strengthens muscles in back of upper arm.
- How to Improve Endurance
Disclaimer: The material on this Web site is not intended to replace advice from your doctor or fitness professional. Please consult with your physician before beginning any fitness program or fat or weight reduction program. FitnessandFreebies.com takes no responsibility for individual results, or any claim made by a third party.