Ankle Stretch Exercise
Exercise for Seniors
What this exercise does.
Stretches front ankle muscles.
How this exercise helps you.
Elastic, flexible ankle muscles can give your body a built-in defense against sprains and strains.
1. Remove your shoes. Sit toward the front edge of a chair and lean back, using pillows to support your back.
2. Stretch legs out in front of you.
3. With your heels still on the floor, bend ankles to point feet toward you.
4. Bend ankles to point feet away from you.
5. If you don't feel the stretch, repeat with your feet slightly off the floor.
6. Hold the position for 1 second.
7. Repeat 3 to 5 times
Everyone can learn to stretch, regardless of age or flexibility. Stretching should be a part of your daily routine, whether you exercise or not. There are simple stretches you can do while watching TV, on the computer, or getting ready for bed. If you are doing strength training exercises, stretch in between sets. It feels good and saves time from stretching at the end of the workout!
You may also find of interest...
- Calf Stretch - Stretches lower leg muscles
- Strength and Balance Exercises
- How to Improve Flexibility
Disclaimer: The material on this Web site is not intended to replace advice from your doctor or fitness professional. Please consult with your physician before beginning any fitness program or fat or weight reduction program. FitnessandFreebies.com takes no responsibility for individual results, or any claim made by a third party.