Paleolithic Raw Food Recipe
Healthy hot chocolate made with pure coconut milk, water, carob powder and healthful raw honey.
3/4 cup *pure coconut milk
1/4 cup water
1/2 tablespoon carob powder
Raw honey to taste
Combine coconut milk, water and carob powder. Blend with a wire whisk.
Heat on stove top or microwave, stirring occasionally.
Add honey to taste.
If you use lite coconut milk do not add water.
*Don't be alarmed about coconuts! They are a powerhouse of nutrition that won't make you fat. Coconut oil is rich in medium chain fatty acids (MCFA) which is a type of saturated fat that the body does not store as fat but rather burns as energy fuel.
Note: Raw honey is the healthiest choice amongst the various forms of honey as it has the most nutritional value.
Top Your Hot Chocolate with Coconut Whipped Cream
Coconut milk makes just as thick and rich whipped cream as whipping cream, if not more! And the only difference in preparation is to remember to put the coconut milk in the fridge long enough to chill. An additional plus is that whipped coconut cream does not break down the way dairy does. This whipped cream can be covered and stored for up to a few days without separation taking place. That alone makes it a better option!
1 can coconut milk (14 ounces)
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Set can of coconut milk and mixing bowl in the fridge overnight.
- Set beaters in freezer for a few minutes before you begin.
- Open can and remove all the solid coconut cream (leaving about 1/4 can of coconut water).
- Mix cream in chilled bowl with chilled beaters until fluffy (3 minutes or so).
- Mix in powdered sugar and/or any other flavoring.
- Use right away or cover and keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Optional Ingredients: 1 teaspoons matcha OR 1 tablespoon cocoa powder OR 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice.