Hot Ginger Coffee
Low Fat Recipe
Fat free whipped cream, cinnamon sticks and/or additional orange peel make wonderful garnishes to this delicious steaming mug of hot ginger coffee.
6 tablespoons ground coffee (not instant)
1 tablespoon grated orange peel
1 tablespoon chopped crystallized or candied ginger *
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
6 cups cold water
Fat free whipped cream , cinnamon sticks and/or additional orange peel, optional
Combine the coffee, orange peel, ginger and cinnamon; pour into a coffee filter. Brew according to manufacturer's directions.
Pour into mugs; garnish with whipped cream, cinnamon sticks and orange peel if desired.
Look for crystallized or candied ginger in the spice or baking section of your grocery store.
- Ginger, when crystallized or brewed as a tea serves as a remedy for quesy stomachs and motion sickness.
- Ginger may ward off the temporary unpleasant effects of alcohol i.e., healthy hangover relief!
- Ginger may invigorate tired muscles and joints when added to bath oils/salts.
- The scent of ginger is an instant mood booster.
- Ginger dates back to the Middle Ages, when women presented the treat as a favor to knights going into battle. The gingerbread was elaborately and ornately decorated, sometimes even with gold leaf!
Recipe makes 4 servings.
Did you know?
September 29th is International Coffee Day.
You may also like...
- Coffee Smoothie
- Vanilla Almond Coffee
- Hot Cocoa Mix
- Fireside Cinnamon Chocolate Coffee Recipe (Blog Post)