Low Carbohydrate Recipe
Parmesan adds a wonderful flavor to zucchini and zucchini adds plenty of nutrients to your diet.
1 zucchini, freshly ground
Grated Parmesan cheese
Oil to fry
Heat oil in small skillet. Stir egg briskly with fork in a small bowl.
Pour grated parmesan cheese onto small plate.
Slice zuchinni and dip slices into egg, covering both sides.
Lay zuchinni slices in parmesan cheese and cover both sides. Fry zuchinni slices in oil until golden brown and crispy. Remove and place on paper towel to drain oil.
Optional: Dip in cheese fondue or ranch dressing.
- Zucchini is rich in valuable antioxidants, beta-carotene, vitamin C, folic acid and calcium.
- Zucchini is a good source of fiber.
- One cup of zucchini has nearly as much potassium as a banana.
- Plus, zucchini contains phosphorus.
Note: Count for Parmesan cheese is not included in the nutrition information so you'll need to adjust accordingly.
Recipe makes 1 serving
You may also like...
- Lacy Parmesan Crisps
- Zucchini Pasta with Sausage
- Zucchini Cheese Bake
- Stir Fried Zucchini (Diabetic Friendly Recipe)