Strictly Sweet Low Carbohydrate Recipes
Make up this rich chocolate torte with only two tablespoons of flour. Pecans add a nice nut flavor and crunch.
Place eggs and sweetener in blender and run at high speed for about 45 seconds.
Add the remaining ingredients in the order listed above. Blend at high speed for 2 full minutes.
Pour batter into greased 9-inch round cake pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 9 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Substitute 1 tablespoon of Espresso Powder or instant coffee for one of the tablespoons of cocoa for a mocha taste.
- Substitute walnuts if you prefer them to pecans.
- Split in half, fill and frost with flavored/sweetened whipped cream.
- Spread sugar free, melted chocolate on top.
- Fill center with dietetic raspberry jam.
- Cut into small pieces, soak in rum or bourbon, and layer with mascarpone or ricotta or whipped cream, etc. for a trifle. Garnish with more nuts, if desired.