Low Carbohydrate Diet
Chocolate Treats with unsweetened chocolate melted and mixed with butter, cream vanilla, sugar substitute and crushed nuts, then poured into a pan to set.
1 ounce unsweetened chocolate (the bar kind)
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
8 packets sugar substitute (such as Stevia)
1 ounce crushed nuts (macadamias, etc.)
Melt the unsweetened chocolate and butter carefully. Remove from heat.
Stir in cream and vanilla. Stir in sugar substitute, fold in nuts.
Pour into tin-foil-lined pan. Chill.
- Double the cream and the sweetener.
- Add 2-tablespoons of peanut butter.
- Pour into mini-muffin tins, then add 1/4-teaspoon peanut butter to each candy.
- Add 1-teaspoon peppermint extract or any flavored extract (i.e., rasperry, cherry).
- Add twice the amount of mixed nuts without crushing for nut clusters.
- Substitute orange extract for the vanilla and sprinkle with finely grated orange rind.
- Add cherry Koolaid to add a hint of cherry chocolate.
You may also like...