Ten Drugs You Should Never Buy Online
In response to growing concerns regarding the safety of online pharmacies, the FDA issued a list of ten prescription medications that consumers should never purchase online. Many of these drugs can be dangerous when not taken under medical supervision.
The FDA cautions consumers to only use legitimate online sites, such as the pharmacies that have been in existence for more than 3 years, commit to quality, and have a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee.
The ten medications you should never buy online:
- Accutane: Oral acne medication
- Actiq: Oral lozenge for severe cancer pain
- Clozaril: Oral medication for schizophrenia
- Lotronex: Oral medication for women with severe irritable bowel syndrome
- Mifeprex (RU-486): Oral medication for early pregnancy termination
- Thalomid: Oral treatment of skin diseases associated with leprosy
- Tikosyn:Oral medication for maintenance of normal rhythms of the heart
- Tracleer: Oral treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension
- Trovan: Oral or injected antibiotic for severe infections
- Xyrem: Liquid medication to treat muscle problems in narcoleptic patients
Following is a list of Web sites that have been sent warning letters from the FDA for Dietary Supplement, Labeling or Misbranded.
1-Supplements.net (Taken down)
Other web sites sent warnings for various reasons.
- Pure Prescriptions.com
Ephedra-Containing Supplements Seized Due to False Claims
FDA has seized several ephedra-containing supplements from Massachusetts-based Musclemaster.com after alleging that the company made unfounded claims on its Web site. The company allegedly claimed the supplements enhance the athletic and muscle performance of consumers without adequate scientific basis to support the claims. The seizure included Betatrim Dietary Supplement, Thermbuterol "Fat Burner Energizer," and "Stacker Packer" Stacker 2.
You may also find of interest...
- Real Hoodia Gordonii vs. Fake
- Tainted Weight Loss Pills
- Complaints on Weight Loss Companies (Timeless Health Tips)
- Supplements and Surgery (Timeless Health Tips)
Disclaimer: The material on this Web site is not intended to replace advice from your doctor or fitness professional. Please consult with your physician before beginning any fitness program or fat or weight reduction program. FitnessandFreebies.com takes no responsibility for individual results, or any claim made by a third party.