Do You Need Food Therapy?
The Food Therapy Quiz
Answer the following questions, rating each statement from one to five: One being rarely true to five being almost always true.
If it never applies to you, use zero.
The answers are right below, so be fair to yourself by being brutally honest! Jot down your numbers, tally them up and see where you fall below.
- There is no problem that cannot be made better with chocolate.
- I like to treat myself to a nice dinner or other food treat to celebrate a job well done.
- On previous diets, I've sometimes cheated, because I just felt I deserved a little treat.
- When I am particularly stressed or upset, I usually feel better after I've eaten something.
- I have a favorite restaurant where friends and I usually go to celebrate or just be together.
- I have a particular food I always crave when I am under stress.
- Whenever I've gone off a diet plan, there was something unpleasant going on in my life.
- I always overeat after a fight with my significant other.
- I always overeat when I go home to visit my parents.
The Food Therapy Quiz Answers
If you scored 21 or less, you may occasionally use food for solace, but you are basically an unemployed food therapist.
If you scored 22 to 36, you are employed as a food therapist part-time.
If you scored 37 or more, you are one of the legions of people who turn to food first and foremost to treat distress.
Source: Stephen P. Gullo, PhD.
Used by permission of Crown Publishers, a division of Random House, Inc.