Your Next Meat Loaf
Cooking tips for the caring cook.
Use a 1-gallon Ziplock bag to mix all meat loaf ingredients. This accomplishes several things:
- Hands stay clean and bacteria free
- You see that everything is well mixed
- No meat falls out to contaminate the counter area
- You can easily shape the loaf in the bag then dump it in the pan and pat it with the inside-out bag over your hands.
- Meat loaf is truly mess-free, no bowl to clean either!
More Meat Loaf Moves
- Give your meatloaf some zing by replacing plain bread crumbs with seasoned bread crumbs.
- Use crushed tortilla chips instead of bread crumbs for meat loaf filler. The flavor of the chips makes an excellent variation.
- To cook meat loaf use a glass pie dish and lay 2 pieces of bread side by side in the middle. Make the meat loaf the normal way and form a loaf. Place the loaf on top of the bread. Cook at the normal temperature. The bread absorbs all the grease.
- Use a wire potato masher to decorate the top of meatloaf.
- Try adding 1-cup cooked rice to meat loaf. The meatloaf will be moist, slice firmly and taste new.
Meatloaf Mixing Tip
For easy and more sanitary meatloaf mixing, combine the ingredients with a potato masher.