Liquefy Crystallized Honey
Cooking tips for the caring cook.
Liquifying Crystallized Honey
- Place open jar of honey (not the plastic squeeze bottles) in a pan of hot water until all crystals melt, stirring after 5 minutes.
- Place 1 cup honey in it's own jar, cover tightly with plastic wrap, and microwave the honey on high until melted -- less than 1 or up 1-1/2 minutes depending on full the jar is.
- Honey will crystallize again as it cools.
Extra Honey Tips
- When you measure honey for a recipe, first run the measuring spoon or cup under very hot water for a minute or two. The honey will slide right out.
- Too much salt or spice in a soup or stew? Add honey, 1 teaspoon at a time. Not only will it fix the problem, but it will also enhance the flavor!
Freebie: 7 Days 7 Ways to Serve Honey
Seven days of honey treats that even kids will love! Brought to you courtesy of the National Honey Board.