Slicing Deviled Eggs
Cooking tips for the caring cook.
How you slice your eggs is a matter of preference, but here are some fool-proof suggestions to help you get the best results when slicing and serving your deviled eggs.
How to Slice Those Deviled Eggs
- To easily slice deviled eggs, dip your knife into warm water first. This will produce a smooth slice with no egg stuck to the knife.
- Traditionalists will cut their eggs in half lengthwise, then carefully remove the yolks and place them in a separate bowl.
- Filling deviled eggs: Put the yolk mixture in a small ziplock-type baggie. Cut one corner of the bottom of the bag. Squeeze the filling into the halved egg whites. Less mess, quick and easy.
- If you slice a tiny piece off the bottom of the whites, they will sit better in your egg plate.
Poke an egg with a small sewing needle before hard boiling, and the egg will peel with ease. Hold that needle in place with a magnet refrigerator clip!
Deviled Egg Recipes
- Low Fat Mock Deviled Eggs (2 variations)
- Gluten Free Deviled Eggs
- Low Carb Bacon Deviled Eggs
- Deviled Eggs with Ham