Cooking tips for the caring cook.
Helpful Helpers for a Great Cup of Coffee
- Coffee turns bitter when held over a heating plate for longer than 15 minutes. For maximum flavor retention, serve coffee in a Thermal Carafe. Carafes will keep your coffee warm for 2 to 3 hours.
- Purchase or prepare chocolate-coated spoons for stirring and flavoring your coffee at one time. To make them, simply melt milk or dark chocolate and dip the bowls of disposable plastic spoons in the chocolate. Cool on wax paper.
- Serve cups of coffee with a square of chocolate on the saucer.
- Freshly ground coffee makes a wonderful room freshener as it can mask the "foulest" of odors. You can place freshly ground coffee in a small bowl or on a small plate and hide it somewhere where it will only be smelled, not seen!
- Brew coffee with bottled spring water for better tasting coffee and no mineral deposits.
- If you prefer your coffee weaker, make it full strength, then dilute it with hot water or milk. It will taste much better than trying to use less coffee.
- Keep a can of evaporated milk on hand in case you run out of your favorite liquid coffee creamer. Just add some extract to the contents of one can, mix, and refrigerate.
Note for Coffee Lovers
A recent 2013 study that reviewed data from 16 different medical studies found that daily coffee consumption can reduce the risk of the most common form of liver cancer by 40 percent. Moreover, it found that drinking three cups or more per day could cut the risk by more than 50 percent.
You may also find of interest...
- Coffee Smoothie Recipe (Low Fat Recipes)
- Fireside Cinnamon Chocolate Coffee (Blog Post)
- Irish Coffee Perk<(Blog Post)
- Caffeine and Coffee