Quick Caramel Apples
Cooking tips for the caring cook.
Caramel Apples in a Jiffy
- To make quick caramel apples, microwave caramels and water in deep microwave-safe bowl on high two to three minutes or until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth, stirring every minute.
- Dip apples into hot caramel mixture; turn to evenly coat. Scrape excess caramel from bottom of apple.
- After refrigerating coated apples to set caramel, generously drizzle with melted chocolate using a spoon.
- Let stand on lightly greased or waxed paper-lined tray until chocolate is firm.
Quick Caramel Apple Recipe
6 fresh apples
1 (14 ounce) package individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
2 tablespoons milk
Remove the stem from each apple and press a craft stick into the top. Butter a baking sheet. Place caramels and milk in a microwave safe bowl and microwave two minutes, stirring once. Allow to cool briefly. Roll each apple quickly in caramel sauce until well coated. Place on prepared sheet to set. Makes 6 caramel apples.
Unwrap caramels and place in a glass measure. Microwave, uncovered, on 100 percent power stirring once. Allow 45 seconds to 1 minute for 14 caramels (about 1/2-cup) or one to two minutes for 28 caramels (about 1 cup).
Free Printable Recipe Card
You may also find of interest...
- Savor Apple Season (Timeless Nutrition Tip)
- Five Reasons To Eat An Apple Every Day (Timeless Health Tip)