Tips for Preventing Acne at Any Age
Fitness for mind and body.
From sweet 16 to fabulous 40 and beyond, acneis a condition that affects almost everyone at some time in their lives. According to the National Institutes of Health, nearly 85 percent of adolescents and young adults between the ages of 12 and 24 develop the condition, and some people continue to be affected into their forties and fifties.
It is important to remember that acne has both internal and external causes. However, there are some basic precautions you can take to help prevent breakouts.
- Do not pick, pop or squeeze, or otherwise mess with your skin. Squeezing blemishes or whiteheads can lead to infection or scarring. It almost always makes the acne you have worse.
- Wash your pillowcase often and always use clean face towels. Dirty towels and pillowcases can harbor bacteria and germs that can make acne worse.
- Be sure to pull your hair away from your skin when you sleep.
- Try to shower as soon as possible after your workout since sweat combined with skin oils can trap dirt and bacteria in your pores.
- Do not go to bed with makeup on. It can clog your pores and lead to breakouts.
- Make sure to clean cosmetic brushes regularly in soapy water and throw out old, contaminated makeup.
- Use topical treatments anywhere that you tend to get breakouts -- don't just spot-treat existing pimples. The pore-clogging process happens two to three weeks before any blemish becomes visible on the skin.
- Exercising regularly can help reduce stress and it increases blood circulation and oxygen penetration to the skin, which may help to prevent acne.
- Drink at least 64 ounces of water a day to help "detoxify" the body from the inside out.
Generic Differin (Adapalene Topical Gel) is a drug similar to vitamin A used in Differin. Differin is great for treaing severe acne. It gives patients relief from their condition and restores the affected skin. Generic Differin, or Adapalene, is one among a class of drugs called retinols that have received FDA approvel.
Differin is meant to be used by adults and adolescents over the age of 12; it's effects in younger children are not entirely satisfactory.
By taking these simple precautions, most people can reduce the occurrence of acne.
Seek professional help if your acne is beyond the norm. Otherwise, look for gentle, natural over-the-counter medications such as Clear Pores, a safe, effective acne treatment system or use the prescription strength for a big fight against acne. Acne affects every part of your life when you get a moderate or severe outbreak. Time to take your life back!
You may also find of interest...
- Clear Pores Gets Rid of Acne
- Herbal Acne Remedies
- Beat Acne with the Acne Attack eBook (It's a FREEBIE!)
Disclaimer: The material on this Web site is not intended to replace advice from your doctor or fitness professional. Please consult with your physician before beginning any fitness program or fat or weight reduction program. FitnessandFreebies.com takes no responsibility for individual results, or any claim made by a third party.