Keeping Your Skin Healthy
Fitness for mind and body.
Seasonal Dehydrated Skin
Winter months can often mean centrally heated home containing little moisture. To solve this problem, invest in a humidifier or even place bowls of water around your home. It doesn't take a lot to put moisture back into your environment, you simply have to remember to do it.
The Benefits of Exercise on Your Skin
Another benefit of exercise: Exercise brings more oxygen and nutrients to the skin so that it is firmer and becomes more nourished. It is also thought that exercise slows down aging. So move more, look younger!
Vitamin C and Your Skin
Vitamin C is used in many skin care products because it helps in the formation of collagen (the skin's support fibers).
How much, or possibly "if" it works, varies from person to person. However, many people report the texture of their skin does improve with Vitamin C.
With many products you have to wait a long time to see improvement in your skin's texture. Apparently with Vitamin C you see results much more quickly.
Winter Skin Tips
- Low temperature and humidity, indoor heating, dry recycled air and outdoor exposure can make skin lose its moist, healthy glow.
- If you have dry skin, consider changing your moisturizer to one that heightens moisturization - especially women who participate in winter sports or spend time with children outdoors. Skin really takes a beating from wind and cold and needs extra protection -- for example, a daily moisturizer lotion with SPF 15.
- For those with oily skin, stay with a light moisturizer, preferably one with a beta hydroxy acid, whose gentle exfoliating properties lift away dull skin for a more radiant complexion even when skin is irritated by environmental factors. However, do not exfoliate with scrubs or masks as frequently as in warmer months.
- As the area around the eyes can become dryer too, make sure they are receiving optimal moisturization.
- If using a treatment product with Retinol, be sure to use the formula with SPF 15 during the day. Skin can become more sensitive when Retinol is used, and UV rays are still evident in winter, especially when reflected from snow in winter.
- Factor in individual skin type and geographic location when adapting your skincare regimen for winter. If your skin is dry, you'll be more prone to suffering the effects of harsh weather, especially if you live in colder climates.
Renova (tretinoin emollient cream). This vitamin A derivative is approved for reducing the appearance of fine wrinkles and mottled darkened spots and roughness of facial skin in people whose skin does not improve with regular skin care and use of sun protection. Renova does not eliminate wrinkles, but reduces their appearance and progression.
You can also use an all natural and highly effective Clear Pores. This is a complete treatment system that actually regulates and balances your hormones AND the external factors which cause acne.
About That Hypoallergenic Label
A startling number of products labeled "hypoallergenic" are rife with skin irritants. Over 89 percent of products bearing terms like "dermatologist tested" and "hypoallergenic" contained at least one allergen, like beeswax or the preservative phenoxyethanol. Eleven percent contained five or more. Sensitive skinned? Look for short ingredient lists and no added color or fragrance.
Source: Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology
Natural Romanian Remedy
Mix together in order:
1 cup oatmeal
2 teaspoons clover honey
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 teaspoons powdered milk
1/2 cup water
3 tablespoons Epsom salts
Apply to your damp body and face and then rinse. Finish with a thick lotion.
All Natural Eye Mask
Cucumbers offer a way for skin-nourishing nutrients to penetrate the upper dermal layers and improve overall skin complexion, especially underneath the eyes. Place thinly sliced cucumbers over your eyes for an hour and your will do far more for your skin than many expensive chemically laden beauty products.
Rose Lavender Exfoliating Salt Scrub
1 cup sea salt, fine grind
1/2 cup almond oil
15 drops lavender essential oil
10 drops rose fragrance oil
Mix ingredients well before each use. Wet body under shower water. Step out of water stream. Scoop one tablespoon salt and oil mixture into the palm of your hand. Gently scrub skin to open pores, stimulate skin cells, exfoliate and moisturize skin cells. Avoid sensitive areas: face, groin. Rinse in shower and pat or air dry. Seal in moisture with lotion applied to damp skin.
You may also find of interest...
Disclaimer: The material on this Web site is not intended to replace advice from your doctor or fitness professional. Please consult with your physician before beginning any fitness program or fat or weight reduction program. FitnessandFreebies.com takes no responsibility for individual results, or any claim made by a third party.