Body Frame Size
Fitness for mind and body...
In order to refine and define weight measurement, researchers added frame size as a factor.
The sizes are categorized into three categories: Small frame, medium frame and large frame. Bone structure can and does vary in size from person to person. Bone mass and muscle mass all play a part in determining your optimal weight. There are two simple methods of determining body frame size:
- Measuring the circumference of your wrist.
- Measuring the breadth of your elbow. This is a little more complex but provides a greater results range for the purposes of accuracy.
In order to do this:
- Stand up. Extend your arm forward so that it is horizontal and parallel to the ground.
- Turn your hand so your palm is uppermost. Bend your elbow so your forearm is at 90 degrees to the ground.
- Use the forefinger and thumb of your other hand to locate the narrow part of your elbow joint.
- Use your same forefinger and thumb as a guage to determine your elbow breadth by measuring the gap between them with with a ruler or tape measure.
- Compare the value with the tables below.
You may also find of interest...
- Genes Controlled by Diet and Exercise
- Rate Your Weight Attitude
- Healthy Weight, Healthy You!
- Don’t Lust After a Perfect Body
Disclaimer: The material on this Web site is not intended to replace advice from your doctor or fitness professional. Please consult with your physician before beginning any fitness program or fat or weight reduction program. FitnessandFreebies.com takes no responsibility for individual results, or any claim made by a third party.