Quick Tips for General Wellness
Fitness for mind and body.
I had a physician once tell me that 90 percent of illnesses were "in the head" or created by the mind.
That's one hefty number!
So if it's true that "mind over matter" works, let's figure out how to mind those matters. Apparently it's all in the attitude...
- Do something daily that will make you laugh aloud.
- Make funny friends.
- Put up a humor bulletin board and post funny cartoons, sayings, postcards, etc.
- Smile at least once every hour -- even if you are alone.
- Encourage yourself to make more mistakes!
- Take more risks -- not dangerous risks, though.
- If you must worry, worry about only one thing at a time.
- Rent or buy a relaxation yoga or stress management video.
- Hug a loved one, friend or pet every day.
- Learn to say "no" without feeling guilty.
- Take a walk whenever you feel stressed. Notice the beauty of nature while walking.
- Focus on what went right every day instead of what went wrong.
- Make a list of all the things you like about yourself.
- Stop and smell the roses, and plant a rose bush if you cannot find any roses to smell. If you are allergic to flowers or just do not care for the smell of roses, find something peppermint to smell.
- Watch an entire sunset uninterrupted, at least once every season.
- Spend one night a week without the television on. Read, clean, cook, talk to friends and loved ones on the telephone, write some letters, have a night of romance with that special someone or indulge yourself in some pampering.
- Find at least five nutritious foods you actually enjoy and eat them at least a coupe times a week.
- Do not feel guilty about dietary slip-ups. Just start over - no regrets. We all do this, it is called being human and does not mean you are weak by any stretch of the imagination.
- Walk to more places, like the store, a friend's house, the post office, etc.
- Spend ten minutes finding out about your partner's day.
- Surprise each other with a small treat or favor -- or a hug.
- Pay sincere compliments to your partner.
- Stop what you are doing briefly to focus on one another during hellos and good-byes.
- Get out of your home together regularily, even if it is only for a short time.
- Try to ignore the trivial annoyances in life.
- Share some plans and dreams for the future.
You may also find of interest...
Disclaimer: The material on this Web site is not intended to replace advice from your doctor or fitness professional. Please consult with your physician before beginning any fitness program or fat or weight reduction program. FitnessandFreebies.com takes no responsibility for individual results, or any claim made by a third party.