Top 18 Benefits of Weight Training
Fitness for mind and body.
01. Weight training tones your muscles which looks great and raises your basal metabolism ... which causes you to burn more calories 24 hours a day. You'll even burn more calories while you're sleeping.
02. Weight training can reverse the natural decline in your metabolism which begins around age 30. (See also: Using Nature to Boost Metabolism)
03. Weight training energizes you.
04. Weight training has a positive effect on almost all of your 650-plus muscles.
05. Weight training strengthens your bones reducing your risk of developing osteoporosis (Female? See Osteoporosis in Women.
06. Weight training improves your muscular endurance.
07. Weight training will NOT develop big muscles on women ... just toned muscles!
08. Weight training makes you strong. Strength gives you confidence and makes daily activities easier.
09. Weight training makes you less prone to low-back injuries.
10. Weight training decreases your resting blood pressure.
11. Weight training decreases your risk of developing adult onset diabetes.
12. Weight training decreases your gastrointestinal transit time, reducing your risk for developing colon cancer.
13. Weight training increases your blood level of HDL cholesterol (the good type).
14. Weight training improves your posture.
15. Weight training improves the functioning of your immune system.
16. Weight training lowers your resting heart rate, a sign of a more efficient heart.
17. Weight training improves your balance and coordination.
18. Weight training elevates your mood.
Source: Author and exercise physiologist, Greg Landry. Reprinted with permission.
You may also find of interest...
- Strength and Muscular Endurance with Weights
- Weight Resistance Exercise for Seniors
- Lift Weight to Lose Weight
- Free Printable Weight Training Log
Disclaimer: The material on this Web site is not intended to replace advice from your doctor or fitness professional. Please consult with your physician before beginning any fitness program or fat or weight reduction program. FitnessandFreebies.com takes no responsibility for individual results, or any claim made by a third party.