Quick 100 Calorie Snacks
Fitness for mind and body.
100 Calorie Chocolate Treats
Five Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Drops
Two Mrs. Fields Decadent Chocolates
One-fifth Toblerone bar
Two slices Terry's Chocolate Orange
Four Andes Bars
Three Nestle After Eight Mints
This 'n That
A large stalk of celery stuffed with one of the following:
- A tablespoon of chunky peanut butter
- A tablespoon of soft light cream cheese
About 2-tablespoons of water packed tuna mixed with a teaspoon of light mayonnaise and sprinkled with a dash of onion powder
A large dill pickle wrapped in a thin slice of boiled ham or swiss cheese, (or both)
Jello For the sweet tooth:Lime or watermelon jello: Two packages to three cups water with a scoop of cottage cheese
Strawberry, raspberry or sugar-free black cherry Jello
Two packages to three cups water, chilled until thickened but not set and
one-third cup of whipping cream whipped into the jello until it
has a souffle consistency
Makes six servings
Orange diet jello: Prepare as above, but add one-half teaspoon of vanilla and one-quarter teaspoon of almond extract along with whipping cream. Chill until set. Looks and tastes a lot like cantaloupe. Add a scoop of cottage cheese if desired.
Lime diet jello prepared the same way as the orange above, but with one-half teaspoon of lemon extract. Tastes a lot like key lime pie!
- Cream of Wheat Regular or quick Mix'n Eat, plain, prepared, 1 packet
- Frosted Mini-Wheats, 1 ounce (about 1/2 cup)
- Grape-Nuts Flakes, 1 ounce (about 3/4 cup)
- Honey Smacks, 1 ounce (about 3/4 cup)
- Total, 1 ounce (about 3/4 cup)
- Wheaties, 1 ounce (about 1 cup)
Noodles, cooked, plain, generous 1/2 cup Spaghetti, cooked, plain
Four whole grain rye wafers, 1-7/8 X 3-1/2 inches
Four saltine crackers, 1- 7/8-inch square
- One medium banana
- Generous 1/2 cup of sweetened applesauce, or 1-cup unsweetened
- Dried apriocot halves, cooked, unsweetened, 1/2 cup
- 1 cup raw cherries, or 1/2 cup sweet in heavy syrup
- 1/4 cup Cranberry sauce
- Four Dates, dried, pitted, whole
- Scant 1-cup Grapes
- One medium pear or 1/2 cup canned pears in heavy syrup
- 1/2 cup sliced, cooked plantains
- 1 cup raw strawberries or 1/2 cup frozen, sweetened
- Raw wedge of watermelon (about 1-1/2 pound piece) or 2-cups diced
- Pineapple, canned, unsweetened, six ounces
- Bacon, cooked, two slices
- Chicken Roll, light meat, two ounces (two slices)
- Chicken or Turkey Frankfurter - one
- Two ounces boiled ham
- Crabmeat, 3/4 cup canned or cooked
Some more "This 'n That"
- Omelet, plain with one large egg, skim milk
- One scrambled egg, skim milk added
- Waffle From mix, 7-inch diameter from frozen (about 1- 1/2 ounces), one square
- Sunflower seeds, roasted, hulled, 2-tablespoons
- Generous 1-cup serving of Minestrone
- One cup tomato soup prepared with 1-percent milk (85 calories if prepared with water)
- Vegetable soup - 1-1/8 cup with beef, chicken or turkey
Sweets 'n Stuff:
- Two chocolate chip cookies, 2-inches in diameter
- Two fig bars, 1-1/2 inch square each
- Two chocolate or vanilla sandwich cookies, 1-1/2 inch in diameter
- Five vanilla wafers, 1-3/4 inch in diameter
- One-third cup baked custard
- Ice milk, 1/2 cup hardened
- One-third cup sherbet
- 1/2 cup Frozen Yogurt
- Eight pieces M and M's candies
- One ounce of Gum Drops (about eight pieces)
- Hard Candy, one ounce (about five pieces or two lollipops)
- One ounce of Jelly Beans (ten pieces)
- One ounce marshmallows - four large
- Lemonade or Limeade, frozen concentrate, sweetened, reconstituted, 8 fluid ounces
100 Calorie Pita Pocket with Ham
This is an easy little sandwich to drop in your child's backpack or your bag or briefcase. This recipe makes one serving.
1/2 reduced-carb pita bread
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 ounce smoked ham
1/2 leaf romaine lettuce
2 thin slices tomato
1 thin slice red onion
Place the pita bread on a flat surface and spread with the mustard. Fill with the ham, lettuce, tomato and onion.
Nutrition information: Calories: 100; Calories from Fat: 23; Fat: 2.5g; Saturated Fat: 0.8g; Cholesterol: 14mg; Sodium: 478mg; Carbohydrates: 12.8g; Dietary Fiber: 1g; Protein: 6.1g
100 Calorie Canadian Bacon
Canadian Bacon is much leaner than regular; however, it never reaches the same crispiness when cooked. Instead, it is meant to be served when still soft and juicy. This recipe makes one serving.
3 slices Canadian bacon
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
Pinch black pepper (optional)
Place a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and when it is hot, add the bacon. Cook until browned, about 1 minute per side. Brush with the mustard and sprinkle with sugar and pepper, if desired.
Nutrition information: Calories: 99; Calories from Fat: 38; Fat: 4.2g; Saturated Fat: 1.3g; Cholesterol: 29mg; Sodium: 860mg; Carbohydrates: 2.8g; Dietary Fiber: 0.8g; Protein: 12g
100 Calorie Cheese Tortilla
Make this cheesy, warm tortilla in a pan to get the crunchiness that frying would create. Feel free to add other spices, herbs or vegetables. This recipe makes two servings.
3 tablespoons part-skim mozzarella cheese
3 to 4 fresh tomato slices
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
Place a tortilla on a cutting board. Sprinkle one half with the cheese. Top with the tomato slices and basil. Fold over and press down.
Nutrition information: Calories: 100; Calories from Fat: 32; Fat: 3.5g; Saturated Fat: 1.3g; Cholesterol: 6mg; Sodium: 134mg; Carbohydrates: 11.3g; Dietary Fiber: 1.2g; Protein: 4.8g
You may also find of interest...
- Snacks: Healthy Necessity in a Diabetic Diet
- Have Junk Food - and Eat It, Too!
- Shopping Solutions for Healthful Eating
- Cleaning Up Your Diet
Disclaimer: The material on this Web site is not intended to replace advice from your doctor or fitness professional. Please consult with your physician before beginning any fitness program or fat or weight reduction program. FitnessandFreebies.com takes no responsibility for individual results, or any claim made by a third party.