The superman move will strengthen your lower-back and spinal muscles, helping you appear taller and more self-assured.
Actually the appearance of being taller isn't just appearance - your stronger lower back muscles will actually help you naturally stand taller and stronger!
Note: If you are doing an entire workout routine, The Superman exercise is best done after back-strengthening work.
How to perform The Superman Exercise:
- Lie on your stomach with your arms and legs extended.
- Raise your arms, chest, thighs and feet off the floor.
- Hold for two seconds, then lower them back down.
- Do six to eight repetitions.
Superman Pull Exercise
Targets core, back
- Lie facedown on a thick foam exercise mat with arms extended on floor in front of body.
- Slowly lift arms, legs and chest a few inches off floor and pull elbows beside torso, bringing hands next to chest.
- Straighten arms and return to starting position. That's one rep.
Make it easier: Don't lift torso as high off the floor.
You may also find of interest...
- Dead Lift Exercise
- Chest-Down Good Morning Exercise
- The Plank Exercise (Abs and Back)
- Bent-Over Rows Exercise
Disclaimer: The material on this Web site is not intended to replace advice from your doctor or fitness professional. Please consult with your physician before beginning any fitness program or fat or weight reduction program. FitnessandFreebies.com takes no responsibility for individual results, or any claim made by a third party.