Seated Quad Strengthener Exercise
Use ankle weights with this exercise that really works the quads - all while sitting down!
How to perform The Seated Quad Strengthener Exercise:
- Strap ankle weights on both ankles. Use 10 pound adjustable weights and start with one pound and work up to ten pounds as you build muscle strength.
- Sit all the way back in a chair without slouching, your legs separated slightly so that your knees and feet are hip-width apart. Your thighs and lower legs should form a 90-degree angle. Place your hands on your thighs or on the sides of the chair.
- Exhale as you lift your right leg in a slow, controlled movement (to the count of two). Lift until your knee is straight (but not locked). Hold your leg in the lifted position for the count of one.
- Inhale as you slowly lower your right leg (to the count of four), until your foot rests on the floor, back in the starting position. Pause for breath.
- Repeat with your left leg. That completes one repetition (rep).
- Perform 8 reps, rest for 1 to 2 minutes, then perform a second set of 8 reps.
You may also find of interest...
Disclaimer: The material on this Web site is not intended to replace advice from your doctor or fitness professional. Please consult with your physician before beginning any fitness program or fat or weight reduction program. FitnessandFreebies.com takes no responsibility for individual results, or any claim made by a third party.