Explosive Jacks Exercise
These power-boosting explosive jacks will increase your heart rate, improve your strength and help you burn more calories.
But be warned -- this is hard work! Take it easy at first if you're new to exercising or just starting out with these. In fact, until you can do 50 regular jumping jacks without feeling too much exertion, it may be best to leave these go.
When you do begin, don't fret if you can't do too many at once. Just do as many as is comfortable and gradually work your numbers up.
How to perform The Explosive Jacks Exercise:
- Stand tall with feet shoulder-width apart and your arms at your sides.
- Hop into a squat for two counts, bringing your knees together, bent over ankles.
- Cross forearms in front of chest, hands in fists facing the body. Keep back straight and lean slightly forward.
- From the squat, hop your legs out slightly wider than shoulder-width and hold for two counts.
- At the same time, open your arms out to the sides with elbows slightly bent and fists at shoulder height.
- Jump back into squat.
- Work up to two sets of eight jacks.
You may also find of interest...
- Jump Shrug Exercise
- Jump Squat Exercise
- Y's, T's and I's Exercise
- The Snatch Exercise - Olympic lift that develops flexibility and coordination
Disclaimer: The material on this Web site is not intended to replace advice from your doctor or fitness professional. Please consult with your physician before beginning any fitness program or fat or weight reduction program. FitnessandFreebies.com takes no responsibility for individual results, or any claim made by a third party.