Dumbbell Power Clean and Press Exercise
From the starting position, dip your hips and explode upward, pulling the weights up. As the weights come close to your chest, dip under and "catch" them on top of your shoulders. Stand, press the weights overhead, and then reverse the move.
This is an exercise the marines use starting in their first 4 weeks of training!
How to perform The Dumbbell Power Clean and Press Exercise:
- Grab a pair of dumbbells and stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Hold the dumbbells straight down at arm's length, palms facing your thighs.
- In one motion, pull the dumbbells up to your shoulders as you dip your body down to "catch" them.
- Push up to a standing position, then press the weights overhead.
- Pause, and then lower the weights to shoulder level and return to the starting position.
You may also find of interest...
Disclaimer: The material on this Web site is not intended to replace advice from your doctor or fitness professional. Please consult with your physician before beginning any fitness program or fat or weight reduction program. FitnessandFreebies.com takes no responsibility for individual results, or any claim made by a third party.