Close Grip Bench Press Exercise
If the close grip bench press is not done with strict technique it may as well be a shoulder exercise!
Keep your elbows tucked in at all times and do not lock your elbows out at the top of the exercise.
It's a good idea to have a spotter handy for this exercise.
How to perform the Close Grip Bench Press:
- Add some weight to your exercise bar.
- Lie on the bench with your arms extended, the bar over your chest. If it doesn't hurt your knees or back, bring your feet onto the bench.
- Slowly lower the bars to your chest, pause, and then push it back to the starting position.
You may also find of interest...
- Bench Press
- The Modified Push-Up Exercise
- Chest Press Exercise
- Wide Grip Incline Bench Press Exercise
Disclaimer: The material on this Web site is not intended to replace advice from your doctor or fitness professional. Please consult with your physician before beginning any fitness program or fat or weight reduction program. FitnessandFreebies.com takes no responsibility for individual results, or any claim made by a third party.